Pro Tools 12.4 Information & Downloads
Dec 22, 2015
System Requirements and Compatibility with Pro Tools 12.4 Software (more info)
- Mac OS X 10.11-10.11.1 (El Capitan), 10.10.3-10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.9.5 (Mavericks) and 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion)
- Windows 8.1 64-bit and Windows 7 64-bit - Note that Windows 10 qualification is still in progress
- If using Pro Tools 12.3.1 with Avid Artist, S3, S5-Hybrid and MCPro on Mountain Lion or Mavericks you should install EuControl 3.2 or higher (My Artist Login)
- S6 owners should update to version 1.4.1 if using Pro Tools 12.0 or higher (Avid Account > My Products and Subscriptions > S6 Software Update > Show)
Please review the following documents for important compatibility information, known issues, error messages, issues resolved, etc.
- Pro Tools 12 software requires a Pro Tools 12 iLok authorization (license) to run. This can be a single license or in a bundle.
- Pro Tools HD 12 software requires both Pro Tools 12 and Pro Tools HD 12 iLok authorizations (licenses) to run. These are typically in a bundle.
- The bonus plug-ins (introduced starting with v12.2) use a Pro Tools Plan or Pro Tools HD Plan license.
- Review the licenses on your iLok at ilok.com or in iLok License Manager
- See the Support section of ilok.com for assistance with iLok License Manager, your iLok account, etc.
- Pro Tools 12.4 is a full installer (not an updater that requires a previous version installed).
- Pro Tools 12.4 uses a single installer for both Pro Tools and Pro Tools HD, only the iLok authorization is different
- Virtual Instruments and Effects for Pro Tools 12 are installed by the First AIR Effects Bundle and First AIR Instruments Bundle (formerly a single Creative Collection Installer in PT11). Run these in addition to the Pro Tools installer. (more info)
- Pro Tools HDX/HD Native Mac users, be sure to install the matching HD Driver. The HD driver may be found in the Driver Installers folder included in the 12.4 download.
- Non-HD users, please install the latest compatible driver for your Avid interface
- See the Pro Tools 12 Software Installation Guide for complete instructions
- Pro Tools 12.x co-install with Pro Tools 10.x is supported using Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion (details)
- Pro Tools 12.x co-install with Media Composer (details)
- Co-install of Pro Tools 12.x and Media Composer on Windows does not allow Media Composer to be a Video Satellite (details)
HDX Firmware Update
- Pro Tools 11.2.2 and higher requires a firmware update for HDX cards
- Firmware update takes place during Pro Tools launch
- The firmware update was tested for backwards compatibility with Pro Tools 10.3.6 and later
Late Breaking Technical Issues
- HD hardware is not supported by CoreAudio on Yosemite (or later). iTunes users, please check the Read Me. Native Instruments users, click here
- See the Windows Read Me for limitations with WASAPI support (added in v12.0)
- Click here for Pro Tools 12.x Satellite Link and Video Satellite compatibility updates
- Note that not all Audio Interfaces have been qualified with El Capitan. Click here for more info.
- Owners of Pro Tools 12 on a current Upgrade Plan can install via the Apps tab in Avid Application Manager
- Review the Read Me and other docs before installing or updating Pro Tools for known issues that could impact your workflow
- Upgrades from earlier versions of Pro Tools can be purchased from the Avid Store or Avid Reseller
- Avid Accounts with eligible products are being updated. When this is completed:
- Log In to https://account.avid.com
- Click on My Products and Subscriptions
- Click on a Pro Tools 12... product in your list
- Click Show to see the available files
- Click on a file name to download the file (Note: If a Server Error is preventing downloads, click here)