Spotted On Facebook, a rather excited Dave Derr of Empirical Labs' posted this quite revealing picture and statement,
Something's Finally Coming
It's only been due for like 20 years...
And NO, it's not actually called "The Real Thing!" But why buy a cheap imitation? ::wink::
Although this is not the first time we've seen a plugin version of Empirical Labs hardware as there has been a UAD version of the Fatso available for quite some time (Pictured - Click for a larger view) so does this mean more EL products are being turned into plugins?
I'm sure most people will be hoping for a software version of EL's most famous product the EL8 Distressor !
- So many questions are now going to be raised such as:
- Is this going to be another UAD exclusive development or AAX Native / AAX DSP ?
- Will the other major formats such as AU and VST be available?
- Is this just one plugin being developed or is the whole suite of EL hardware products being ported to software?
- Will we see a UAD "unison" version of the EL MIKE-E?
- How long are we going to have to wait to get to see this ?
Which of EL's products do you think would lend themselves best to being ported to software?
Well Its very exciting times so say the least,
Watch this space for more developments and tell us what you think !
A discussion has now started on Gearslutz and Dave Derr is answering a few questions, One thing we now know is that it's a Native rather than DSP Plug-In which is universally great news to start things off !
Follow the thread as it evolves here:
*Update 5th December 2015*
Dave posted another Teaser picture revealing a little more of the GUI and it also now seems that this plugin(s) will have some unique features not found on any of the EL hardware.
*Update 11th December 2015*
Another picture was uploaded today giving us a much better idea of the plugin layout and GUI and showing us compression ratio's
*Update 15th December 2015"
As well as the supported plugin formats.