Avid’s Pro Tools Is The Industry Standard In The Professional Recording, Music And Post Production Industries.
It Deserves A Dedicated Hardware Platform, This Is It - The Pro Tools PC
Designed and built from the ground up for Pro Tools. Drawing from over 30 years of industry experience. The Pro Tools PC combines the talents of the world’s best Audio Computer manufacturing and Pro Tools support specialists on the Windows Operating system environment. There has never been a machine so focused on providing the perfect Pro Tools experience.
Not All Computers Are Created Equal
Why Does Pro Tools Need A Dedicated PC?
Pro Tools as a piece of software should be able to run on any compatible computer – and it can. However your Pro Tools experience relies on the computer being able to handle very complex and resource heavy functions, that are far beyond what it has to accomplish when running Word or surfing the Internet. Recording, mixing and processing multiple tracks of high definition audio, while generating sounds in response to virtual instruments is no easy task and draws on all elements of a computer system, not only this but Pro Tools has traditionally been extra picky about the specific system design setup and integration that even a system that works fine for some other DAW's still wont cut the grade for a Pro Tools rig. You probably already know this, which is why you’re here. Audio PC manufacturers exist because people have trouble running audio software on regular computers. User groups and forums exists because people have trouble running Pro Tools on regular computers. The Pro Tools PC settles the issue once and for all. Nobody can promise complete perfection – these are computers after all – but we can provide a system that’s been designed, built and tested at every stage with Pro Tools in mind supported by professional people who use and support these systems and software every day.
A Pro Tools PC For Everyone
Whether you are just setting out in your first Pro Tools journey or a seasoned veteran in a large multi-workstation facility we can help you, you might know exactly what you want or have no idea at all and need some consultancy help to narrow down your options we are here to help, Contact Us Now.
The Pro Tools PC Has Evolved To Offer A Choice Of Cores For More Native Processing
As technology changes and improves The Pro Tools PC is able to take advantage of the amazing power within Intel’s increasing number of processor cores. Our standard 4-Core Hyperthreaded i7 system (4 cores / 8 threads) has been our benchmark and the system by which all others are measured, but now we can also offer a super efficient cooler and quiet entry level i5 system at a killer price dont be fooled by the i5 name this system is no slouch and will provide plenty of power on tap for songwriter and project studio rigs.
Above those models we can offer even more processing power in our 6-Core (12 threads) , 8-Core (16 threads) and 10-Core (20 threads) systems for increased Plug-in and Virtual Instrument counts the power of these machines is phenomenal , the 6 core machine particularly hits a sweet spot of performance vs price.
And for total unadulterated brute power we now have multi-processor systems that allow for 12, 16, 20 and 24 physical cores for dealing with the most intense sessions and elaborate compositions without compromise. In every Pro Tools PC the low latency performance, reliability and stability is engineered to the same high standards, it’s purely the ceiling that is raised. To access more cores we have integrated new motherboards and so each system varies in the exact features they carry. Here’s a quick comparison of the different systems spec's.
Intel 4 Core i5 & i7 (i7 Hyperthreaded)
Up to 64GB DDR4 Memory
Thunderbolt 3 optional
The Pro Tools PC Rack Or Tower Case
Intel E series 6, 8 Or 10 Core i7
Up to 64GB DDR4 Memory
Thunderbolt 3 optional
The Pro Tools PC Rack Or Tower Case
10 to 14 core Intel Xeon E5 Processors
Up to 128GB DDR4 Memory
Thunderbolt 3 Optional
The Pro Tools PC Large Tower Case
Inside Every System
Intel Core Processor Technology
Water Cooling For Temperature & Noise Control.
High-performance DDR4 memory
Super Fast SSD System Drive.
High-Performance SATA III / SSD Audio & Media Drives.
High Resolution Graphics To Offer Multiple Monitors At High Pixel Counts.
USB 3.0/3.1 / USB C
Optional Thunderbolt 3 Ports.
Room For HD Native, HDX Cards Or Many Other PCIe Card Variations.
Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System Tweaked For Total Compatibility And Performance (Windows 7 also available).
(Exact specifications are subject to technological changes, please confirm any specific requirements when placing your order).
Rack it up - For Perfect Studio Integration
You have to love that rack mount chassis. Perfect for a studio rack. It’s not too deep like most server style cases, only about 17″ (42.5cm) from front to back. However, it should be noted that The Pro Tools PC actually needs 5U of space in a rack as the chassis is designed to fit with a half U space at the top and bottom. Although the front panel is 4U there are intake fans on the bottom of the chassis and vents in the top that must not be covered for correct cooling performance, and so it’s essential that you leave space to ensure good airflow. You can pick up a pair of half U blank panels from our store to finish off the look of a made to measure system.
For those who prefer a more traditional vertical tower case we have one of the slickest looking, quietest and most spacious model on the market.
Every Pro Tools PC Comes With An Unprecedented Support Package - Totally Free !
First you get world class hardware technical support from some of the best computer audio tech’s on the planet, Each system is armed with a custom build of TeamViewer, a remote control support solution that allows us (with your permission) to take control of your computer and resolve any issues you may come up against if necessary. We have the knowledge and experience to guide you through those first steps and beyond. And finally in the unlikely event that something goes horribly wrong then your system backup will get you up and running again in a matter of minutes.
We Know Our Stuff
We are also long-time Pro Tools users ourselves, verging on veteran fanatics. As Windows-based Pro Tools specialists are few and far between, we think we are among the best and most experienced in the world.
From our earliest beginnings, building Digidesign Mix TDM test systems on Windows NT4, to being key team members of the first independent PC builders to design and assemble a workstation officially qualified by Digidesign for Pro Tools HD TDM 6 and 7, we can assure you that we have the experience, knowledge and skills to produce the ultimate Pro Tools PC.
We offer up our knowledge, so you can avoid the headaches.
Make No Mistake
This is not simply a box of economy parts put together on a tight budget, this is a dedicated, designed for purpose, tested and supported system of the highest quality. The whole concept is totally specific with Pro Tools hardware and software as its primary focus.
Add to this Our extensive knowledge of Computer hardware design and configuration which means we know what does and doesn't work for a Pro Tools specific system and exactly how it should be setup. With over 25 years combined building and operational experience dedicated to Pro Tools, We are able to provide the best support anywhere to keep you on track and getting your job done.
Ready to find out more?
We're Not Only The Pro Tools PC Builders We're Bloggers Too !
- TRASHER 3 Updated to Build 18A few weeks back I released TRASHER 3 to coincide with the new features in Pro Tools 2018.1 such as Pro Tools Presets and full implementation of Track Presets. The biggest issue was that I did not have any representation for when a function was in action. So this build is mainly a maintenance release. A progress bar is now added along with buttons to tick or untick all the boxes in the main home tab. There is also a bit of code cleanup and optimization. The UI has been slightly modified a bit as well for the changes.
- Syncing 2 Pro Tools Systems via NetworkIn this second part of the 2 part series about syncing Pro Tools systems, we go over syncing the systems over a network connection. This does have the advantage of needing 2 interfaces with Midi I/O, but does require a bit more setup and a single network cable or for longer distances, you can connect the systems into a common hub or switch.
- Syncing 2 Pro Tools Systems via Midi Cable.Syncing 2 Pro Tools systems is an easy way to gain processing power. The most common use for this would be to host VI's on a slave system and then stream them into the master system. In this video, I show how to connect the 2 systems with just a midi cable. There are a few other hurdles to overcome in order to get both systems in sync and deal with latency.
- TRASHER Update Including macOS SupportAvid released Pro Tools 2018.1, with quite a few new features added. I decided to update TRASHER in order catch all the new settings and files. For many reasons, I ultimately decided to rewrite the entire application and go for macOS while I was at it.. I made some other changes internally such as backing up Plug-in Settings for instance is now "smarter". It will cycle through the folder recursively (folder by folder, file by file) and compare names. If a file name matches in an existing folder during a backup or restore, it will replace the file. Otherwise no files are at risk of being lost through a folder dump for example. Anything and everything being replaced or trashed is sent to the recycle bin, so it is recoverable.
- Ilok Cloud With Pro ToolsOne of the major love/hate relationships with Pro Tools (and many plugin devs) is the Ilok. Without the Ilok, Pro Tools will not run period. There has never been a machine authorization option like some plugin devs use that can relieve some of the stress.